Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rafting Weekend






























This past weekend I cashed in my big 40th birthday present and went on a white-water rafting trip in northern Wisconsin. We stayed with my parents at their cabin, and we were joined by my sister and my brother and his family. We had a lot of fun and some fairly new cousins got to meet for the first time. Last Friday Dace, Susan, Karen, and I, rafted the Peshtigo River. The water was low enough (due to lack of spring rains) that we got our own individual boats, but it was so low that we got hung up on rocks a lot. On the plus side, the water was low enough that we were able to raft the Menominee River on Saturday earlier than it usually opens. That river had a Class 4 drop, and therefore we used group rafts.

No comments: