Thursday, January 17, 2013

Scooter


I do not know why the top picture is posting sideways!  I have a little rented 4-wheeled push scooter that I am using, especially in open, flat areas like the halls at Bradley University (it's a little more challenging but can be useful in confined spaces like at home). Not really the most dignified means of transport, but sometimes I can move faster than walking speed. Most of the time I feel time I feel like I am moving in molasses.  I don't if you can see the irony on the back of the T-shirt - it says "If you see me running try to keep up." I rigged up some brackets to the scooter to carry my crutches.  I have to be careful using it so it does not irritate any older right-side injuries (why do I always beat up my right side?) I call it my "Dean buggy".  Hopefully in a few weeks I can put weight on the cast - some days that foot feels better than others.

No comments: