Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cleanup

The past week was filled with more info and stories (many inspiring) about last Sunday's tornadoes than I have time to repeat here.  One of the more inspiring to me involved the Washington High School Panthers playing a state playoff game yesterday against a team called the Cyclones.  See:  http://www.pjstar.com/article/20131123/SPORTS/131129638 to read how both teams, and many others, have supported Washington.  This week also featured a cleanup of a different sort: I finally finished moving out of a lab space that I have been in at Bradley University for over a decade.  The new space is still a bit of a mess, but it is bigger.  Yesterday was also the showing of the big 50th anniversary episode for the Dr. Who series.  We gathered at the home of friends for a viewing party (sort of like a Super Bowl for nerds?).  We played with their pets and had (among other things) fish sticks and lemon pudding (a reference to a Dr. Who episode).  This weekend has been pretty cold, but I needed to return a tall ladder that I had been borrowing for months, so I put up Christmas lights outside.  We will not light them much until after Thanksgiving.





No comments: