Friday, January 24, 2014

Trip to Dallas

Flew to Dallas this morning for a conference.  The flight was delayed by 3 hours because the intended captain got sick and a replacement had to be flown in from Chicago.  It was not all that bad because I had accidentally left my laptop at home, and since home is only 15 minutes from the airport I had time to go home and get it!  Among things I saw today was sunrise at the airport, birds flying and chirping in the airport (not shown), Sand Ridge State Park from the air, and Table Rock Lake from the air (near Branson, MO - I did not know that, I took a picture of it because I thought it looked sort of like a Chinese dragon).  It has gotten below freezing in Dallas, so there are icicles on fountains, but I have also seen green live oaks and flowering live pansies in January - reminders of times in Austin a couple years ago.




No comments: