Monday, July 21, 2014

St. Louis Visit

On Saturday we rode with some friends to St. Louis for the day.  We stopped for a couple of hours at the (free!) St. Louis Science Center.  To me, one of the things that is memorable is the walkway over a highway where you can track the speed of the cars going underneath, but they also have stuff related to dinosaurs and space, and a platypus skeleton.  After that, we went to the City Museum.  I have been told for years that it is a really cool place and that I would really enjoy it, and I did!  It's hard to describe, it has a playground-like labyrinth of places to climb or crawl into - bring your knee pads.  I especially liked the "cave" area.  It has an aquarium, circus, and arts and crafts area, architecture museum, and just all sorts of oddities.  All of this is stuffed into a sort of nondescript old shoe factory.  What a lousy description I just gave.  You will have to see it for yourself sometime.  After all that, we went to dinner and headed home.














No comments: