Sunday, December 14, 2014

December Warm Spell Continues

Regular Bradley classes have come to an end for the semester, and now we are in final exam mode. Looks like we are in for a green/brown Christmas this year - we joke that it is because I was given a used snowblower and bought a new snow shovel and have lots of firewood thanks to that walnut tree we cut down.  Yesterday we Christmas shopped around town.  Today I did some nature therapy: fossil hunting and hiking in the woods (I wore blaze orange in case there were deer hunters in the woods).  At one location I found some iron fasteners from an old mine.  Many of the fossils I found in the shale were wet and fell apart easily.  I found a waterfall I had not seen before - one of the biggest I have seen in our neighborhood.  Tonight, Katie and I went for a walk to deliver cookies to the neighbors and look at Christmas lights - note the streamers of fog in the picture.




 

No comments: