Monday, December 28, 2015

Into Christmas of 2015

The warm weather continued into the week of Christmas.  Katie and I went for a bike ride on the winter solstice.  The next day, Katie's friend came for an overnight visit and helped us to decorate cookies. The next night, we went to see cool a light display in Norwood, IL.  They had rows of light strings shaped like a Christmas tree that were programmed to show images.  Christmas Eve seemed to come rather suddenly, but we got ready (barely) and made it to Christmas Eve Mass (Kris sang and Karen read).  Katie and also visited a couple light displays in East Peoria.  On Christmas Day, we traveled up to Door County, WI, to visit Karen's Dad, and had a nice visit. Katie beat me in a game of "horse". On the next day, we traveled over to Mountain, WI, to visit my parents.  The next day, my father, Karen, and I drove Karen down to Chicago so she could fly out to Virginia Beach, VA, to her grandma's funeral.










No comments: