Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend stuff

Friday my parents came down from Green Bay to visit. Among other weekend activities, on Saturday we all watched Kris's soccer game (another loss), had dinner with the Bosmas, and installed a new ceiling fan in my bedroom. Today after my parents left for home, I spent lots of time at the annual rock and mineral show a few blocks away. Most of the inexpensive stuff I have accumulated over the past thirty years, but there was some really cool very expensive stuff to look at. I think the global market for fossils and minerals is really opening up (especially from China). I was able to get a tentative ID on a fossil (a sort of fruit/seed) that I found near a hotel in eastern Montana three years ago. Here is a pic from eastern Montana (not the same location or formation, but it I thought it looked cool). Watched the closing ceremony of the Olympics tonight while I organized my rock purchases and other paperwork (classes start Wed). It was pretty spectacular.

No comments: