Saturday, September 13, 2008

Goooooooooaaaaaaaaal!










For the first time, I finally got to see Kris score a soccer goal today - her first of the year, and the third of the game. I do not have a picture of the actual event (too busy just watching) but here is a picture of Kris early on in the drive to the goal. Alas, it was still a 3-4 loss, so the team has still only had one win. Note the water, water everywhere. We were pretty sure the game was going to get cancelled in the heavy rain, but there was no lightning at the time. We were all soaked, but at least Karen and I had umbrellas. Other soccer pix include the team praying after the game. Still another pic is of Kris dressed like a cowgirl for class last Friday.

I think we have gotten maybe 7 inches of rain since Thursday night, and the remnants of Hurricane Ike do not even arrive until tomorrow. Karen and I drove home at about 10 pm last night and it was some of the heaviest I have seen. There was a tornado warning at about 11 pm; the sirens went off but I don't think anything touched down. This morning I saw a fair amount of gravel washed onto the streets from people's driveways. Local flooding is occurring - this evening there is a trailer court by the river being evacuated by boat. On the plus side the grass is very green - usually September is a pretty dry month.

No comments: