Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Assorted events







Pictures from Door County last Sunday. The apple orchards were full of white blossoms (and the fields were full of white dandelions). The lilacs were peaking up there, ours did about 3 weeks ago.
Karen was driving down Forest Hill Street this afternoon (on the way to get a haircut) when a bunch of police cars converged on a spot ahead of her, forcing her to stop. The police got out of their cars and ran to a house and pinned a person up against a fence. Karen thought it was pretty scary. Tonight we found out that a couple of people robbed someone at gunpoint at the 15th hole of a nearby golf course, and Karen was watching one of them get caught.

In other news Kris has finished fourth grade (and elementary school), accompanied by awards and tears. She and Karen are planning a summer full of activities. Karen is done subbing at PCS for the year. I am halfway through my May Interim class.

Heard a song on the radio today that I have not heard in a while. The lyrics give me goosebumps...
"It's Like Me" by Kutless

My conversation is leading nowhere
And we talk of God but still I don't share
So many times that I just never saw the chance
It's like me to never see
When it came, when it went
Now it's gone away
It's so like me to never see
When it came, when it went
Now it's gone away

The phone rings with news that he's gone
Just the time I shared my heart was prepared and another soul was won
So much truth to tell, I am so glad I saw the chance
It's like me to never see
When it came, when it went
Now it's gone away
It's so like me to never see
When it came, when it went
Now it's gone away

Sometimes I still never see when perfect opportunities come my way
Would my care increase if I truly believed that a life could be saved?

It's like me to never see
When it came, when it went
Now it's gone away
It's so like me to never see
When it came, when it went
Now it's gone away

No comments: