Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend activities






Friday night Kris had a birthday party/sleepover, so Karen and I went to see the Star Trek movie (it was good) and later watched Leno's finale on the Tonight Show. Saturday we went garage saling (I got a globe), picked up Kris, and I went fossil hunting at my hot spot. Pic is of a large horsetail stem. Saturday night we had dinner east of the river - as you can see the water is still high with lots of trees submerged. This morning we went to church (Kris served again) and this afternoon Kris and I took a six mile bike ride. Tonight someone gave us tickets to a fundraising dinner for Wildlife Prairie State Park - a really neat park and zoo that was on the ropes for funding but might be doing better now. We got our best ever look at the wolves - I did not realize they were so big!

No comments: