Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1, 2009

Today was Founders Day at Bradley, commemorating the founding of the University 113 years ago. At a ceremony today I shook hands with Brad Cohen, who was the Bradley graduate with Tourette syndrome that became teacher of the year in Georgia. His life was sketched out in a Hallmark movie last year. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Cohen. I got his autograph for Karen, who wanted to attend his lecture this afternoon, but was shuttling kids from PCS today. She has also been subbing quite a bit.
Kris had her second playoff soccer game this evening. It was about 58 and rainy and dark and they lost. Ah well, I don't think we mind not having the associated travel and schedule issues. Sorry, no pix - I had a lab to teach.
Rex the orb weaver has not been seen for days; maybe the cold drove it indoors.
We have been watching the six-movie series by Ken Burns about the National Park system. It is nice, and educational, but a bit slow-paced. Sometime I would like to make a list of all the National Parks we have been to, better yet, I'd like to add to the list! :*) The pic of the day is another one from five years ago, when Dace drove Karen, Kris (then in Kindergarten), and I through North Cascades National Park and elsewhere in Western Washington. This is Liberty Bell Mountain, near Washington Pass. I have a poster of this mountain in my office.

No comments: