Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving approaches



Long time no write. I have been busy with a grant proposal and other things, and outdoors in November is not what I consider especially photogenic. It has been very rainy lately - in fact for over the last 300 days over half the days have had measurable amounts of precipitation. The record corn crops in the area are having a hard time drying out. It was not raining when we drove north to Naperville yesterday to get fingerprinted (again) for immigration/adoption paperwork. We left at about 5:30 am, and we got fingerprinted at about 9 am (an hour ahead of the 10 am appointment). Afterward we stopped at IKEA. On the way back we stopped at a state park with a lock along the old I&M Canal. Note the lock doors have been replaced with concrete.
Karen and Kris rang bells at a mall this afternoon.
Elsewhere in history, last weekend was the 100th anniversary of the Cherry Mine disaster. I read Tintori's interesting book "Trapped" about the event a few years ago. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1909_Cherry_Mine_disaster for more details.
Tonight we watched a recording of the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special and I took a couple shots of some of my favorite scenes. Thanksgiving - one of my favorite days of the year - approaches.

No comments: