Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2 Year Anniversary, 6th Month Anniversary, Jury Duty, and County Fair
















I began blogging on this date in 2008. I hope that you have enjoyed the over 300 entries in this blog and aren't you glad I haven't crammed all this into your email "in" box? We met Katie 6 months ago Monday! So glad to know her. She is still in a soft food diet, but continues to heal OK. On Monday and Tuesday I had to do jury duty. Mostly sat around and worked on stuff. I did not volunteer for grand jury (every Tues for 12 weeks), volunteered but not one of 4 drawn for coroners jury this Thursday, not called for 2 trials, but called for the last trial of the week (traffic). Seated on the jury (very comfortable chairs), but excused. When I left they had over a 50% excuse rate. Glad to be out, but had a nagging "didn't make the team" feeling afterward. The $25 I made those two days is more than I make per day directing researchers in the summer. Tuesday night we went to the Heart of Illinois Fair, it was fairly quiet there - except maybe the very loud tractor pulls. Katie was afraid to feed the animals at the petting zoo. The much anticipated funnel cake was not that good, but the rest of the fair food was OK. At one of the political booths we stopped by we unexpectedly met somebody who worked for Aaron Schock a few years ago and quite likely was the one who helped get Katie's adoption paperwork "unstuck" from Illinois bureaucracy. We were all glad to get that sort of closure.

No comments: