Sunday, October 3, 2010

October starts

























October is one of my favorite months of the year with the cooler temps and leaves turning and harvestime. Hmmm...lets see... Kris's soccer postseason ended earlier this week in a tough loss. On Friday, Karen, Kris and Katie were in the Limestone High School homecoming parade repesenting the preschool that Karen has worked, Kris has attended, and Katie currently attends. Friday and Saturday evening Kris has birthday parties to attend, plus the whole family attended one at Rainbow Play Systems on late Saturday afternoon. On Saturday morning and afternoon I went to a meeting in Springfield. I do not have any pictures to show for it, but I wish I had taken one of the flatbed truck going in the other direction that had what looked like a big white rocket nose cone sporting a NASA logo. Yesterday evening, while Kris was at her birthday party across the river, I took a stroll along a nature trail along the river. This is the trail where I have taken pictures of high-water river ice clinging to tree trunks. The place looks a lot different in the early fall. This morning I saw frost on a rooftop, but none on the ground. After Sunday school and church and errands, we finally picked our one pumpkin. Katie and Kris already had decorated it on the vine with a marker.

No comments: