Saturday, February 12, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday







Last Sunday afternoon I took advantage of the deep snow to go for a snowshoe in the nearby woods. Lots of deer tracks, and I even found a couple fossils in the creekbed, but most everything was under snow. The snow was deep enough cover landmarks and that got a little confusing, but backtracking was easy with huge snowshoe prints! After I got back to the house we watched Super Bowl 45 and cheered the Packers to victory. It got pretty stressful - I had a huge headache at the two-minute warning - but it went away when the Packers won. Most of this past week was pretty cold, but we are now entering a thaw. Glad I squeezed in that short snowshoe run. This has been the snowiest December, January, and February in Peoria history, and the second snowiest winter in Peoria history. Kris and Katie are mostly recovered from their respective illnesses, I'm now battling a cold, and Karen is pretty healthy.

No comments: