Monday, March 21, 2011

First Day Back

The first day of classes after break was a short one for me. Katie had her second procedure to have tubes placed in her ears. Because she was placed under general anesthesia she had to do this as an outpatient at the hospital. Even though it was a somewhat minor procedure we still had a very similar check-in to Katie's and my surgeries last year - which put both Karen and me a little on edge. She was out only about a half-hour and she recovered very quickly from the anesthesia to her usual spunky self. Karen and I were actually able to make it to our noon classes. Warm weather continues: students are starting to wear shorts on campus, and we heard some chorus frogs on the way to a visitation for our pastor's late mother tonight. Tomorrow's weather might be a bit colder. In other news, I got written up in the Bradley quarterly magazine Hilltopics. See: http://www.bradley.edu/about/publications/hilltopics/2011spring/notebook/page4.dot#campbell under the header "Igniting an interest". I really like the picture that accompanies the acticle.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Really nice article!!
Carol