Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Transitioning to summer



Here is a picture of bear tracks, deer tracks, and raindrop marks in northern WI. Late spring/early summer is here. The girls picked our first strawberries of the season. Our lettuce is doing well, too. I have not seen any fireflies, but I saw a glowworm tonight. Robins have already completed their nesting cycle in our front maple tree. I saw a couple black rat snakes mating along a roadside today. Katie and Kris are done with school. I have ridden my bike in to Bradley a couple of times now that I do not have to take Kris in - I hope to get some exercise that way. Speaking of exercise, Karen looked up Katie's height and weight on some growth curve and it said she was obese - that is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. We are still poking away at packing.

No comments: