Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Work World









Took some pictures of things where I work at UT-Austin. My bench is at left in the lab picture, though I use space elsewhere in the lab, too. One of my projects has been to synthesize a type of nanoparticle that has been eluding a postdoc and me. I have a desk available to me in this building (Welch Hall), but I rarely use it. The instrument shown is a scanning transmission electron microscope (STEM) over in the Faulkner Nanotechnology building, which I am learning how to use, very nice! My main office is in that building, too. Yesterday evening, Katie and I took a quick dip in the apartment complex pool. Even though the high temps have not dipped below 91 F since we have been here, the pool has been getting cooler and I noticed more leaves in it than usual. I wonder how long it will stay open.

No comments: