Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Bluejay

This baby bluejay apparently blew out out of a nest near our apartment.  We did not see it later, hopefully it made it to safety.  The warm weather is definitely coming in now. April has been pretty dry, so now things are turning brown again. I collected some bluebonnet and indian blanket seed pods - I hope I can plant them in Peoria.  I told Karen that Austin really has two seasons:  greening and browning. WalMart was selling watermelons last night, so I brought one home (we did another summery food activity, corn-on-the-cob, weeks ago).  I wore shorts to work today, but what surprises me is how hot my black shoes get in the full sun while waiting for the bus ride home.  On tonight's bus ride home we went around a recently occured SUV-motorcycle accident.  I caught a glimpse of the motorcyclist laying on the ground and not moving - there was nothing on the news so I assume he survived.  Ron Paul spoke on the UT campus tonight - the primary is still about a month away. The delay in the primary is due to controversy associated with jerrymandering by the Republicans. (I'm not picking on the Republicans - the Democrats do the same dumb thing in Illinois.)

No comments: