Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oh deer

Yesterday as I drove home I passed a yard that had 7 deer in it.  Today as I drove home I passed another yard (near the first that had 5 deer). No racks.  The camera was out of reach both times. I guess bowhunting season started yesterday, so we'll have to be careful. 

Today marked the passing of Dorothy the goldfish.  We bought it about 11 years ago.  I vaguely recall Kris calling it "da-da-dee". Then, when it got too big for our tank, we passed it along to some friends.  Dorothy went on and wiped out the the other fish in that tank, tolerating no rivals as it reigned supreme in its little empire.  Apparently we never took a picture of the goldfish. :*)

Got my name in lights this week, see: http://www.bradley.edu/inthespotlight/story/?id=96b71938-ee8a-4615-a06d-d04080208b2b.

I saw a heron fly over and alight on a chimney on a house in northern Peoria.  It reminded me of the image of a stork delivering babies.

No comments: