Sunday, November 11, 2012

Windy Weekend


Yesterday was warm, which tempted me to put up Christmas lights, but it was really windy so I opted to stay off the ladder. I did move a bunch of decorations out of the shed into the house - I thought we were more unpacked than this! Tonight I noticed that a downspout has blown off my house. On the plus side the wind has blown most of the remaining leaves off the trees in our yard, so I was able to finish mowing/raking for the year (I hope).  Today the weather turned colder (chance of a little snow tonight) and wetter.  While Kris went to her friend's concert, Karen dragged me away from paperwork to go to the Bass Pro Shop.  As you can see by Katie's hair it was still windy.  Santa was there, and Katie (who lost her first tooth at school this past week) got her picture with him.  She blanked out about what she actually wanted for Christmas, but Santa reassured her that she could send her request to him.  We (not Santa) also went bowling there.  The alley has an under-the-sea theme (for example, our ball return looked like a shark).   As usual, I was best in my first game, beating Karen and Katie.  I faded fast:  Karen won the second game (overall we actually tied) and Katie beat me, too!

No comments: