Sunday, June 9, 2013

Turkey Festival

Saturday I noticed that most of the bean plants in our garden had their leaves bitten off (I blame the local rabbits), so I spent much of the day putting up fencing around the garden. (I had removed it before the sabbatical - it looked ratty). At least our strawberries are doing very well - I think the rain helped.  I also administered and graded the final exam for my online course.  Saturday night we had a campfire and cooked hot dogs.  Karen and Kris were amused that I dozed off by the fire.  Today we drove to the Tremont Turkey Festival.  It was the end of the the festival, so I cannot really gripe about them being out of turkey sandwiches, but I really expected the festival to be more focused on a diversity of turkey-based food (sort of like the Morton Pumpkin Festival).  It was a lot like other small town fairs: crafts, overpriced rides, etc.  The parade had possibly more fire equipment than any other parade that I have seen, and we got a bunch of candy.  I amused my family by continuing to wave, sort of on auto-pilot, while there there was a gap in the parade.





No comments: