Sunday, February 2, 2014

Snow Day II and Groundhog Day Weekend

On Monday, the day after I returned from Dallas, Bradley University and other schools in the area closed due to winter weather, more due to the cold and wind than anything else.  I needed to catch up on my sleep anyway.  Friday and Saturday, we got another seven inches of snow, so the ground is white again.  Yesterday, Karen and Kris went on a trip to Chicago to see Phantom of the Opera.  They had fun. Katie and I mostly hung out at home (watching a deer in the woods was one of the high points), but we had a nice dinner at a Chinese restaurant with friends. Today was Groundhog Day.  Everybody is convinced we will have six more weeks of winter.  I looked behind our shed this afternoon, under which we have occasionally had a groundhog reside. In the fresh snow, I have seen tracks of an animal that twice ventured out a little ways and then went back in. Not sure if these are groundhog tracks, but the animal did not seem to want to venture out much.  I also included a picture of Kris practicing guitar at church this morning.  Tonight the Seattle Seahawks beat the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl. 





No comments: