Saturday, February 21, 2009

Patriotic Program


On Thursday the 4th grade at Peoria Christian School had their Patriotic Program, in which all the kids dress up as a famous person in American history. Kris dressed up as Helen Keller. She was quite impressive. When she said her name to the audience, she did the sign language corresponding to her name. In the pictures of the program, Kris is in the tinted glasses and brown dress (that Karen sewed together to match fashions of the time). The girl in the blue dress next to her represents Anne Sullivan. The boy dressed like Samuel Clemens is Kris's friend Sam.

It's been a while since I have blogged - things have been really busy. Kris has built a snug little blanket fort indoors and has even slept in a couple times. Today is our 15.5 year anniversary, so we went out tonight rather than on Valentine's Day. All 3 of us went to one of those Japanese steak houses where the chef cooks and does culinary stunts at your table. I told Kris the story of how on our first 6-month anniversary I repackaged stir-fried rice from a local restaurant and had Karen briefly convinced that I had cooked it myself. (Karen was amused.) When we got back from the restaurant, I was adding paper to the fireplace and my wedding ring slipped off my finger and flew into the fireplace! I had to wait for the fire to burn down to sift through the ashes, but I eventually found my hot ring. It is fine, but when it was hot there was this glowing writing on the ring that said "One nerd to rule them all..."

No comments: