Sunday, June 21, 2009

Matthiessen State Park






On Friday morning, on our way to Door County, WI, we stopped at Matthiessen State Park (see: http://www.stateparks.com/matthiessen.html). This park is close to Starved Rock State Park, which is bigger and more well-attended. Like many, I have not paid to much attention to this place...until a former student sent pictures of her visit. What a joy is was to spend an hour or so poking around in all the nooks and crannies of this place, and with all the rain there were lots of waterfalls. This sort of quiet intimacy with the sandstone dells was what I was looking for in Wisconsin Dells last year, but I just could not seem to get close. When we got back to the van I said to Karen that I was hot, tired, dirty, and sweaty and happy as a clam. Enjoy just a few of the many pix that I took.

No comments: