Sunday, August 16, 2009

Trip (cont'd) and another fossil hunt





The next stop on the DC tour was the Lincoln Memorial, also one of our favorite stops. Tonight we watched the old version of The Day The Earth Stood Still. It was interesting to see all the location shots of the National Mall and compare them to what we saw a week ago. This morning Kris and I went fossil hunting in our favorite fossil hot spot. (After all, the Peoria Rock and Mineral Show is next weekend.) It was a bit warm and muggy, there was poison ivy along much of the path (so we had long pants), and there were lots of spiderwebs, but we found a good number of fossils. Kris did a very good job; I wonder if maybe her glasses helped. We also used our GPS to pinpoint the hotspot, which I compared with Google Earth to map the location. I have to report to work this week to prepare for classes - not that I haven't been doing that already. Kris starts classes on Thursday.

No comments: