Thursday, January 7, 2010

T minus 1 day

Wrapping up the packing. We are pretty ready I think/hope. I do regret not learning Mandarin better. Not sure yet when I will go to bed tonight - I need to balance plans to sleep on the plane with needing to be on my toes tomorrow :*) We had about 6 inches of snow on the ground at about 6 am, and there have been snow flurries throughout the day. Many schools got cancelled today, including Bradley and Peoria Christian. Many, including me, felt it was unnecessary. Kris was waiting for a teacher to get her homework to her today. I think Kris was the most unhappy child to hear school was cancelled as any child I have ever seen. However, things came together and now she has all her homework. Tonight I put the car seat in the van for Katie - I forgot what a pain those are to work with in the cold and dark. After that I strapped on my snowshoes and wandered around the yard. I' m getting some float out of the shoes; a couple more good snowfalls and we should be in really good shape!

No comments: