Saturday, January 29, 2011

Late January









Yesterday was the ‎25th anniversary of the space shuttle Challenger explosion. I remember it: I had off from high school that day. We tuned in to watch the launch just a few minutes too late and all we heard at first was a lot of confusion. I wisecracked "What did it do, blow up?" I felt awful about that comment once I learned what happened. I was pretty happy when the shuttle program was back in action. I commented to my classes yesterday that for their parents (and my) generation the Challenger was one of those big days of infamy, go back a generation it was Kennedy's assassination, for their generation it would be...and they guessed 9-11. Katie's preschool class is covering space this week - you can see her space suit. Our bunny Bugs has been somewhat mellow lately - he even ate a carrot out of my hand. Today is the one-year anniversary of the VERY LONG trip back from China to the USA, glad we are not doing that. Today we began a little preliminary shopping for a minivan. It was also warm and the snow got all sticky, so we made a snow family.

No comments: