Sunday, September 2, 2012

Labor Day Weekend





Busy first full week of classes.  I presented a seminar on Thursday describing some of my sabbatical research.  A couple people said they liked it, so I guess it went OK.  This weekend we got almost 3 inches of rain from moisture leftover from hurricane Isaac.  Looking back through my blog entries, it appears that central Illinois got moisture from two hurricanes in close succession in 2008.  Nearly 2 inches of the rain fell between midnight and 8 am on Saturday, and on Saturday afternoon there were tornadoes and funnel clouds a county or two to the north.  On Saturday afternoon we stopped by Lakeview Museum for its last day at its current location.  In less than 2 months the museum will open at its location near the Peoria riverfront.  Yesterday, there was the K'nex exhibit and many other activities to do for free, and I got a last look at the mineral exhibit to which we contributed LEGO models and the room where we have done demo events over the past few years.  We plan to do demos at the new location. This evening I did a little seasonal decorating.

No comments: