Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pictures not taken of new sights (to me)

We were at Kristine's last soccer game tonight (hard-fought, close playoff loss) and were looking in the general direction of the setting sun with dark trees as a backdrop when we noticed lots of strands of spider silk wafting in the air and being lit up by the sun.  We also saw strands of spider silk sparkling in the grass.  Apparently there were tiny spiders "ballooning" to new homes.  One tiny spider briefly landed on me.  I have heard of spiders ballooning but have never seen it before.  Another sight I saw a few weeks ago that I did not get a picture of was in a field near Kickapoo Creek in the morning.  There was low fog in the field lit up by the sun, but what surprised me was a couple of shafts of light angling UP through the fog as sunlight  was reflected by a couple of puddles in the field.  I saw it two mornings in a row - never before, not yet again.  The trees are starting to turn colors around here.

No comments: