Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rambling already...


I don't plan on posting everyday, but I thought I would continue to test things out.
No new pix to show, but here is one from a year ago today of a heron at Union Bay in Seattle, WA.
I looked at some of the other blogs on this site and was amazed to see the diversity of languages.
Hot day today. We grated 12 cups from our first batch of zucchini tonight. My attitude about growing zucchini has been similar to that about owning a swimming pool - it's better to know someone who has one than to have one yourself. Nonetheless I opted to give it a go this year. I enjoy gardening as long as I don't take it seriously - I can't imagine trying to make a living from it. I have an culturally "organic" garden at this time in that it is artificial fertilizer and pesticide free, not because I am averse to "chemicals" (I am a chemist after all); it's just that I am too cheap and lazy to put anything like that on the garden. :*) I'm not a huge fan of lots of vegetables anyway - I'd just as soon give the stuff away as eat it. I do like to watch stuff grow.
Here is a link to a YouTube video that my sister Tina sent to me. It is Feist's version of "1,2,3,4" that she did for Sesame Street. The original that was part of TV commercials is at http://youtube.com/watch?v=9D0aTSkslWY. The Sesame Street version at http://youtube.com/watch?v=9fciD_II7NI is very cute and the lyrics ("chickens just back from the shore") are less bitter than in the original song.

No comments: