Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tall sunflowers



The first of our sunflowers has opened up. They are the variety called "Russian giant" I think, and giants they are. The top of the flower is nearly 11 feet off the ground. The first pic also shows zucchini plants in the background. The second pic is the view from our living room.
I forgot to mention yesterday that I won a prize! When we went to the fair several days ago we went to a booth hosted by a farmer's bureau. We spun a wheel to answer a question to win a prize. My question was to look at a table and pick out two grocery products that came from a dairy farm. The milk was obvious, but I missed the butter and instead selected mayonaise! How embarassing! I think I need to go to Wisconsin more for additional diary farm training. My consolation prize was a small towel. Karen's question was much harder, but they gave her a coupon for free ice cream. Anyway, yesterday out of the blue I got a $20 gift card for Wal-Mart from this group as part of a drawing.
Last thought: tonight Peter Pan was on TV. I was surprised and dismayed that the racist stuff was still there. It seems to me that "Why is the red man red?" could have been edited out without changing content.

No comments: