Monday, July 14, 2008

Testing...1,2,3


I'm sitting in my backyard enjoying a summer evening by concentrating on a computer screen. Here is a picture I took last night of the sun setting behind Starved Rock. The intent of this site is to make it easier for people to view the pictures that I like to take (and throw in some random stuff occasionally). I hope you enjoy the site!

I biked up the Redbud hill for the first time this afternoon to get home.

By the way, looks like Mt. St. Helens is back to normal. :*( From a USGS website:


"MOUNT ST. HELENS VOLCANO (CAVW#1201-05-)46.20°N 122.18°W, Summit Elevation 8363 ft (2549 m)Volcano Alert Level: NORMALAviation Color Code: GREEN

As discussed in yesterday's update, the more than three-years-long, lava-dome eruption of Mount St. Helens that began in autumn 2004 and paused in late January of this year appears to have ended. Earthquakes, volcanic gas emissions, and ground deformation are all at pre-eruptive background levels."

No comments: