Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy New Year and looking back: Gotcha Day!









Today we all attended church. Katie is pretty quiet around other people, but she got a little chatty in church. It was OK, but I hope we can keep her from getting a lot louder. After church we went to a Chinese restaurant to celebrate St. Valentine's Day a little, but mostly the Lunar New Year, a.k.a. Chinese New Year, a.k.a. the spring festival. This is the year of the tiger. This is by far the biggest holiday in China: people sometimes take the week off and travel home to see families, and decorating was already in progress while were in China. Part of me wishes that I could be at the People's Square in Guiyang, I hear the New Years fireworks there are great. However, the obscenely long travel there and back is still too fresh in my mind! Later this afternoon, Katie and I went for a walk in the woods - mostly she rode on my shoulders and hung on for dear life as I slipped around.
January 12, 2010, was Katie's "Gotcha Day"! Karen did such a good job describing it I shall refer you to her entry on this blog for that date. I will add only one other pic from that day, of Karen and Katie together.

No comments: