Saturday, October 1, 2011

Texas State Museum

































The weather was great today (it might not have reached 90). Today we took the bus down to the Texas State Museum. It was well done and definitely showcased the Texas spirit. We also saw an IMAX film (OK) and a multimedia presentation (quite well done) about Texas - it felt a little like propaganda, but I cannot think of an entire state that would present itself so proudly. Maybe Wisconsin, and maybe the city of Chicago but I don't know about the whole state of Illinois. I could not take pictures inside, though. I think one thing that impressed me was how few people were involved in the battles in the war for Texas independence. I also liked the flag for the Battle of Gonzales. After getting "museum fatigue" we walked by the state capitol building. It was too late to take a tour, but we got a closer look at the chocolate milk-colored but impressive structure. We saw two or three wedding parties and a couple girls in quinceaƱera dresses getting pictures taken in the area.

No comments: