Sunday, March 14, 2010

Looking back: Visit to Zhen Shan

























































































































Again, most of the useful verbiage from our trip to Zhen Shan was covered in the blog previously in the Jan. 19 entry, but now I can post more pix. Katie is a lot more tolerant of seat belts now than she was on that trip. FYI, the guy with the propane torch is using the flame to cook or preserve slabs of pork. An additional thought: as an asthmatic I was warned to be a bit careful about air pollution in China. The only thing close to a problem that I had was when I walked into the kitchen as the coal was being burned in the stove (that whole "table" was warm and we kept Katie away - the table pedestal was the stove itself) the sulfur dioxide smell was intense, but when the occupant put her kettle over the opening in the stove the smell subsided - I think because the gases went up the flue.

No comments: