Sunday, August 21, 2011

Birthiversary













Today is my birthiversary (as my brother calls it)! I got married on my 24th birthday, and now I have been married 3/7 of my life. This morning after getting presents I made French toast for the family. Kris and I then went fossil hunting again. This time she amazed me by finding a sea urchin fossil (or similar echinoderm). This afternoon we went to Barton Creek Square (supposedly one of the better malls around here). On the way there, we drove a little ways into the hills to the west of the city - very pretty. The mall was busy (and one of the reasons we went today of all days) is that shopping under $100 is tax-free this weekend because school starts tomorrow. We got clothes. Katie enjoyed this interactive projection-on-the-floor activity. Karen observed that it was sort of like having animals chase around laser pointer dots. This evening Kris watched Katie and we went to dinner at the Salt Lick, one of the barbeque places we have been hearing about. Karen and I think the sides could have been better, but the meat was pretty good and the live music was nice.

No comments: