Monday, August 1, 2011

A first day













Today was my first day as an employee at UT. Things went OK - lots of good things to do and learn. Coincidentally today is also the 45th anniversary of the infamous clock tower shootings at UT, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman. Today I also moved into our Austin apartment and have added some groceries (the rental car goes back tomorrow) and hooked up the internet. Not much time to take or process pix, so I will add a few plant pix I shot at UT. One is of prickly pear cacti. I saw some growing wild in some fields tonight, too. Illinois has prickly pear cacti in some areas, like at Sand Ridge, but cacti seem like more of a Texas thing. Another pic is of "live oaks". Pretty trees, and they appear to support some pockets of epiphyte growth - maybe Spanish moss? Other pix are of a lotus garden near the clock tower.

No comments: