Tuesday, August 9, 2011

End of the bachelor pad?











































Karen, Kris, and Katie are staying just north of the Oklahoma/Texas border tonight, so I hope to see them tomorrow. I ran my first reaction today here - it did not quite work as planned, but it is good to get into the lab. At lunch I walked down near the UT stadium. It is huge! According to Wikipedia: "The current official stadium seating capacity of 100,119 makes the stadium the largest football venue by seating capacity in the state of Texas, the largest in the Big 12 Conference, the sixth largest stadium in the NCAA and the United States, and the ninth largest non-racing stadium in the world." There are lots of cool statues on campus. I found the geology building so I took a look at some of the stuff on display there. The wall mosaic geology map of Texas is pretty neat. I took a couple pictures of my apartment tonight. Hopefully it will not look like this after tomorrow. It needs someone else's touch. :*)

No comments: