Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Interactions with Austin "wildlife"

I took a quick lunch outside on a UT bench today. I fed a grackle (that is what those birds are what I posted about on the July 31 entry), then eventually was visited by about ten of them, plus a couple blue jays and cute little squirrel that would have probably jumped in my lunch bag if I had not given it chips to keep it busy. Apparently not everybody likes the grackles, see: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1582197,00.html. Tonight I went for a walk and found that the grocery store was not as far away as I thought - I'm very happy about that. On the walk I saw (and to my surprise caught) a tiny gecko. The picture is of it sitting briefly on my index finger. I could not keep it - I had no clue what to feed something that little.

No comments: